« PrécédentContinuer »
For Use on Saints' Days.
PSALM XV. Domine, quis habitabit?
ORD, who shall dwell in Thy tabernacle: or who shall rest upon Thy holy hill?
2. Even he, that leadeth an uncorrupt life and doeth the thing which is right, and speaketh the truth from his heart.
3. He that hath used no deceit in his tongue, nor done evil to his neighbour and hath not slandered his neighbour.
4. He that setteth not by himself, but is lowly in his own eyes and maketh much of them that fear the LORD. 5. He that sweareth unto his neighbour, and disappointeth him not though it were to his own hindrance. 6. He that hath not given his money upon usury nor taken reward against the innocent.
7. Whoso doeth these things: shall never fall.
For Use in Penitential Seasons.
PSALM CXXX. De profundis.
UT of the deep have I called unto Thee, O LORD: LORD, hear my voice.
2. O let Thine ears consider well: the voice of my complaint.
3. If Thou, LORD, wilt be extreme to mark what is done amiss: O LORD, who may abide it?
4. For there is mercy with Thee: therefore shalt Thou be feared.
5. I look for the LORD; my soul doth wait for Him : in His word is my trust.
6. My soul fleeth unto the LORD: before the morning watch, I say, before the morning watch.
7. O Israel, trust in the LORD, for with the LORD there is mercy and with Him is plenteous redemption. 8. And He shall redeem Israel from all his sins.
PSALMS OF THANKSGIVING AFTER COMMUNION.
PSALM CIII. Benedic, anima mea.
PRAISE the LORD, O my soul : and all that is within
me praise His holy Name.
2. Praise the LORD, O my soul : and forget not all His benefits;
3. Who forgiveth all thy sin and healeth all thine infirmities;
4. Who saveth thy life from destruction: and crowneth thee with mercy and loving-kindness;
5. Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things: making thee young and lusty as an eagle.
6. The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment : for all them that are oppressed with wrong.
7. He shewed His ways unto Moses: His works unto the children of Israel.
8. The LORD is full of compassion and mercy: longsuffering, and of great goodness.
9. He will not alway be chiding His anger for ever.
neither keepeth He
10. He hath not dealt with us after our sins nor rewarded us according to our wickedness.
II. For look how high the heaven is in comparison of the earth so great is His mercy also toward them that fear Him.
12. Look how wide also the east is from the west : so far hath He set our sins from us.
13. Yea, like as a father pitieth his own children: even so is the LORD merciful unto them that fear Him.
14. For He knoweth whereof we are made: He remembereth that we are but dust.
15. The days of man are but as grass: for he flourisheth as a flower of the field.
16. For as soon as the wind goeth over it, it is gone : and the place thereof shall know it no more.
17. But the merciful goodness of the LORD endureth for ever and ever upon them that fear Him and His righteousness upon children's children.
18. Even upon such as keep His covenant: and think upon His commandments to do them.
19. The LORD hath prepared His seat in heaven: and His kingdom ruleth over all.
20. O praise the LORD, ye angels of His, ye that excel in strength ye that fulfil His commandment, and hearken unto the voice of His words.
21. O praise the LORD, all ye His hosts: ye servants of His that do His pleasure.
22. O speak good of the LORD, all ye works of His, in all places of His dominion: praise thou the LORD, O my soul.
Dominus regit me.
therefore can I lack
HE LORD is my shepherd
2. He shall feed me in a green pasture and lead me forth beside the waters of comfort.
3. He shall convert my soul and bring me forth in the paths of righteousness, for His Name's sake.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff comfort me.
5. Thou shalt prepare a table before me against them that trouble me: Thou hast anointed my head with oil, and my cup shall be full.
6. But Thy loving-kindness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Glory be, etc.
A Hymn of Preparation.
UST as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy Blood was shed for me,
Just as I am, though tossed about
Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Just as I am; Thou wilt receive,
O Lamb of GOD, I come.
Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Just as I am, of that free love
The breadth, length, depth, and height to prove,
O Lamb of GOD, I come.
For a Realization of the Passion.
All the Saviour's dying merit,
All His sufferings for mankind;
Let us groan Thine inward groaning,
All receive the grace-atoning,
All the sprinkled Blood receive. Amen.
26 Hymns on the Lord's Supper," J. and C. Wesley.
A Hymn of Praise for the Passion.
WHEN Wsurvey the wondrous Cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
Forbid it, LORD, that I should boast
See from His Head, His Hands, His Feet,
Or thorns compose so rich a crown?
Were the whole realm of nature mine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.
TO CHRIST, Who won for sinners grace
Be praise from all the ransomed race
After the Consecration.
HEE we adore, O hidden Saviour, Thee,
Sacrament deign to be;
Both flesh and spirit at Thy Presence fail,
O blest Memorial of our dying LORD,
Fountain of goodness, JESU, LORD and God,
Cleanse us, unclean, with Thy most cleansing Blood;
O CHRIST, Whom now beneath a veil we see,
S. THOMAS AQUINAS.