« PrécédentContinuer »
15. And he that was dead sat up, and began to SPEAK: and he delivered him to his Mother.
16. And there came a Fear on all, and they GLORIFIED God, saying, That a great Prophet is risen up among us: and, That God hath VISITED his People.
17. And this RUMOUR of him went forth throughout all Judea, and throughout all the Region round about.
CHRisT raiseth from Death the Daugh.
ter of Jairus, and heals a Woman of her bloody Ilue.
Matt. ix. 18. Luke viii. 41. Mark v. 22. [M.]WHILE he fpake these Things unto them, [..]
behold there came a Man named and he was a Ruler of the Synagogue : [.Mr.] and when he faw him, [L.] he fell down at Jesus Peet, and befought him that he would come into his House. For he had one ONLY Daughter, about twelve Years of Age, and she lay a dying : (Mr.] and he befought him greatly, saying, My little Daughter lieth at the Point of DEATH, I pray thee, come, and lay thy Hands on her, that she may be healed; and the shall live : [M.] And Jefus arose and followed him, and so did his Disciples; (Mr.) and Jesus went with him, and much People followed him.
(L.) But as he went, the People thronged him, [Mr.] and pressed him, [M.] and behold, [Mr.] a certain Woman (M.] which was diseased with an issue of Blood TWELVE Years, (Mr.] and had suffered many Things of many Physicians, and (L.) which had spent all her Living upon PHYSICIANS, [Mr.] and was nothing BETTERED, but rather grew worse, when she had heard of Jesus, came in the Press behind, and TOUCHED his Garment. [M.] For she said within herself, If I may but Touch his
TOUCH Garment, I shall be whole. [Mr.] And straightway the Fountain of her Blood was dried up, and she felt in her Body that she was HEALED of that PLAGUE. And Jefus immediately KNOWING in himself that VIRTUE had
gone out of him, turned him about in the Press; [L.] and Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter, and they that were with him, said, Master, the Multitude THRONG thee, and press thee, and sayft thou, Who touched me? And Jesus said, Some Body hath TouchEd me, for I perceive that VIRTUE is gone out of me. [Mr.] And he looked round about, to see her that had done this Thing: [M.] and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good Comfort. [L.] And when the Woman saw that she was not hid, [Mr.] fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, she came, (L.] and falling down before him, she DECLARED unto him before all the People, for what Cause she had touched him, [Mr.) and told him all the Truth, [L.) and how She was healed immediately. And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good Comfort; thy FAITH hath made thee whole, [Mr.] Go in PEACE, and be whole of thy PLAGUE : [M.] and the Woman was made whole from that Hour. (Mr.] While he yet spake, there came from the Rules of the Synagogue's House certain which said, Thy Daughter is dead; why troublest thou the Master any farther? (L.) But [Mr.) as foon as Jefus heard the Word that was spoken, he faith unto the Ruler of the Synagogue, Be not afraid ; only BELIEVE, [L.] and she shall be made whole. [Mr.] And he suffered no Man to follow him, save Peter and fames, and fohn the Brother of James. And he cometh to the House of the Ru
. ler of the Synagogue, (L.) and all wept and bewailed her. [M] And when Fesus came into the Ruler's House, and saw the Minstrels, and the People making a Noise, [Mr.) and them that wept and WAILED greatly; and when he was come in, he faith unto them, Why make ye this ado, and weep? [M.] Give Place, [L.] weep not ; [M.] for the Maid is not dead, but sleepeth. [L.) And they laughed him to scorn, knowing that she was DEAD. [Mr.] But when he had put them all out, he taketh the Father and Mother of the Damfel, and entreth in where the Damfel was lying. And he took the Damsel by the Hand, and [L.] called [Mr.] and said unto her Talithacumi ; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, (I say unto thee) ARISE. [L.] And her Spirit came again, [Mr.] and straightway the Damsel arose and WALKED, for she was of the Age of twelve years. [L.) And her PARENTS were ASTONISHED (Mr.) with a great Astonishment. And
he charged them straitly that no Man should know it, and [L.] that they should tell no Man what was done, (Mr.] and commanded that something should be given her to eat. [M.] And the Fame hereof went abroad into all that Land.
1. Christ raiseth Lazarus. 45. Many Jews believe. 47,
The Chief Priests and Pharisees gather a Council against Christ. 49. Caiaphas prophesieth.
of Bethany, the Town of Mary, and her Sifter Martha.
2. (It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with Ointment, and wiped his Feet with her Hair, whose Brother Lazarus was fick)
3. Therefore his Sisters fent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou loveft is sick.
4. When Fefus heard that, he said, This Sickness is not unto Death, but for the GLORY of God, that the Son of God might be GLORIFIED thereby.
5. Now Jesus loved Martha, and her Sister, and Lazarus.
6. When he had heard therefore that he was fick, he abode two Days still in the same place where he was.
7. Then after that, faith he to his Disciples, Let us go into Fridea again.
8. His Disciples say unto him, Master, the Jews of late fought to stone thee; and goest thou thither again?
9. Jesus answered, Are there not twelve Hours in the Day? If any Man walk in the Day, he stumbleth not, because he feerh the Light of this World.
10. But if a Man walk in the Night, he stumbleth, because there is no Light in him.
11. These Things faid he : and after that, he faith unto them, Our Friend Lazarus fleepeth ; but I go, that I inay AWAKE him out of Sleep.
12. Then said his Disciples, Lord, if he fleep, he shall do well.
13. Howbeit, Jesus spake of his DEATH : but they thought that he had spoken of taking of Rest in Sleep.
14. Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is DEAD.
15. And I am glad for your fakes that I was not there, (to the Intent ye may believe) nevertheless, let us go unto him,
16. Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his Fellow-Difciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.
17. Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lien in the GRAVE FOUR Days already.
18. (Now Bethany was nighunto Jerusalem, about fifteen Furlongs off)
19. And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary', to COMFORT them concerning their Brother.
20. Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary fat still in the House.
21. Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my Brother had NOT DIED.
22. But I know, that even now whatsoever thou wilt afk of God, God will give it thee.
23. Jesus said unto her, Thy Brother shall RISE a- How the Souls of Believgain. 24. Martha faid
ERs are raised from the him, I know that he shall Death of Sin, to a RISE again in the RESUR- Spiritual and Divine RECTION at the last Day.
LIFE. 25. Jesus said unto her, I (a) am the RESURREC
(a) Ephes. ii. 1. And you hath he Tion and the Life : he that QUICKNED, who were dead in believeth in me, though he TRESPASSES and Sins, were DEAD, yet shall he Mercy, for his great Love where
4. But God, who is rich in
with he loved us, 26. And whosoever Liv- s. Even when we were dead in ETH, and believeth in me, with Christ, (by GRACE ye are
Sins, hath QUICKNED us together Shall never die. Believest saved). thou this?
6. And hath RAISED us up to27. She saith unto him, gether, and made us sit together Yea, Lord : I BELIEVE that
in hcavenly Places, in Christ Jesus.
Rom. iv. 3. For what saith the thou art the Christ, the Son Scripture? Abraham BelIEVEV) of God, which should come Gon, and it was counted unto him into the World.
17. (As it is written, I have made 28. And
28. And when she had so thee a Father o many Nations) be
fore him whom he BELIEVED, efaid, she went her way,
ven God who QUICKNETH the called Mary her Sister secret- DEAD, and calleth those Things ly, saying, The Master is which be not, as though they were. come, and calleth for thee.
19. And being not weak in Faith,
he considered not his own Body 29. As soon as she heard now dead, when he was about an that, she arose quickly, and hundred Years old, neither yet the came unto him.
Deadness of Sarah's Womb.
20. He staggered not at the Pro30. Now Jesus was not mise of God through Unbeliet; yet come into the Town, but but was strong in Faith, giving was in that Place where Glory to God.
21. And being fully rERSWADMartha met him.
ED), that what he had promised, he 31. The Jews then which was able also to perform. were with her in the House,
22. And therefore it was imputed
to him for Righteousnels. and comforted her, when
Chap. v. 6. For when we were they saw Mary, that she rose yet without STRENGTH, in due up haftily, and went out, time Christ pen for the UNGODLY.
8. But God commendeth his Love followed her, saying, She
towards us, in that while we were goeth unto the Grave, to yet Sinners, Christ died for us.
10. For if when we were Ene32. Then when Mary was by the Death of his son: much
mies, we were reconciled to God come where Jesus was, and more being reconciled, we shall be saw him, she fell down at saved by his Life.
2 Cor. i. 9. But we had the Senhis Feet, saying unto him,
tence of Death in our selves, that Lord, if thou hadft been we should not trust in our selves, here, my Brother had not. but in God which RAISETH the
Rom. vii. 24. O wretched Man 33. When Jesus therefore that I am, who shall deliver me saw her weeping, and the from this Body of Sin and DEATH! Few's also WEEPING which 25. I THANK God, through Jesus
. came with her, he groaned Chrift
, our Lord.
Chap. viii. 10. And if Chrifi be in the Spirit, and was trou- in you, the Body is dead because bled,
of Sin; but the Sririt is LIFE,
because of Righteousness. 34. And faid, Where have
Col. j. 9. For in him dwellech all yo laid him? They say un- the Fulnefs of the Gudhead bodily. to him, Lord, come and see. 10. And ye are complcat in him,
which is the Head of all Principa35. Jesus' WEPT.
lity and Power. 36. Then said the fews, 12. Buried with him in BAPTISY, Behold, how he loved him. wherein also you are Risen with 67. And some of them him, through the Faith of the
Operation of God, who hath RAISsaid, Could not this Man, en him from the Dead. which opened the Eyes of 13. And you being dead in your the Blinn), have caused that Sins, and the Uncircumcision of
your Fiern, hath he QUICKNED TOeven this Man should not gether with him, having forgiven have TIED?
you all TRESPASSES.