« PrécédentContinuer »
Joseph the husband of
17. 17 So all the genera-
by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea for they were fishers.
17 And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.
18 And straightway they forsook their nets, and followed him.
19 And when he had gone a little farther thence, he saw James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, who also were in the ship mending their nets.
20 And straightway he called them: and they left their father Zebedee in the ship with the hired servants, and went after him.
21 And they went to Capernaum; and straightway on the sabbath day he enter ed into the synagogue, and
children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
17 And he shall go before
have all we received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law was given
him in the spirit and power by Moses, but grace and of Elias, to turn the hearts truth came by Jesus Christ. of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
18 No man hath seen
18 And unto the angel, Whereby God at any time; the only shall I know this? for I am begotten Son, which is in an old man, and my wife the bosom of the Father, well stricken in years. he hath declared him.
his people from their sins. 22. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
23. 23¶Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
24. 24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
25. 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
OW when Jesus
26 when the unclean
Now in Beth spirit had torn him, and
lehem of Judæa in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
27. 2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
cried with a loud voice, he came out of him.
27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.
22 And when he came out, he could not speak unto them and they perceived that he had seen a vision in the temple: for he beckoned unto them, and remained speechless.
he answered, No.
22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?
23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilder
23 And it came to pass, that, as soon as the days of his ministration were ac-ness, Make straight the way complished, he departed to of the Lord, as said the prohis own house. phet Esaias.
28 And immediately his fame spread abroad throughall the region round about Galilee.
28. 3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Je-out rusalem with him.
29. 4 And when he had gathered all the Chief Priests and Scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born. 30. 5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judæa: for thus it is written by the prophet, 31. 6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel. 32. 7 Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. 33. 8 And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
34. 9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came