« PrécédentContinuer »
Lamb goes forth and bears the guilt
Bears all the scorn hell could invent,'
2.This Lamb is Christ, the greatest friend, And Saviour of our spirits,
Whom God the Father chose to send,
My Son! said he, go down and bail
3. Yea, Father, said th' obedient Son, Command and I will suffer.
My will at thy decree shall run,
O love what pow'r dost thou comprise!
To part with his beloved Son,
To suffer for a world undone,
Whose awe splits rocks asunder.
4. Thou nail'st him to the cross with shame O'erload'st his soul with sorrow;
Dost sacrifice him like a lamb,
And melt'st his heart and marrow. The heart in groans sighs out its pow'r, The veins pour out the purple gore,
To the last drops descension.
5. All my life long I'll cling to thee
I will subscribe myself to thee
To be thy own forever.
6. By night and day my heart shall sing,
T' increase thy name's sweet savor;
7. Enlarge thyself, O heart of mine, Thou shalt store up a treasure Exceeding th' equinoctial line,
Nay, heav'n and earth in measure. Away with all th' Arabian gold, And all that is of precious mould, I've found what is far better; The holy treasure which I mean, Is Christ! thy blood which ran so clean From thy own wounds: what's greater?
8. This blood I shall improve from hence, In all my time and station :
In fight it shall be my defence,
9. What harm can I from death sustain, Thy blood's my life unfading;
In melting heat and scorching pain,
Then thou art still mine anchor.
And stand on thine exalted side
OUSE thyself, my soul, and dwell
2. Lo! th' eternal Son of God
Feels for thee what thou shouldst suffer. His whole body swims in blood,
Bears the scorn of every scoffer.
For thy many wilful revels:
Cancell'd its most dreadful sentence.
5. Now my soul! what hadst thou best.
His great love no shame-behaviour.
6. Never can the best of deeds
Make the least return in nature.
All efforts of every creature.
T' have my life new consecrated.
8. Sins, ye satan's brood get hence, You shan't live within my borders. You'd deprive me of my sense,
And my Saviour's saving orders: Without whom there's no solation, No remission, no salvation..
9. Thou my Saviour shalt alone.
Be my Sovereign, Lord, and Leader. I subscribe myself thy own.
Thou shalt be my food and feeder. All my life shall speak thy praises, Till I learn angelic phrases.
10. Thee, my Lord! I'll have in view, In my thoughts, my words, and actions. Every mercy shall renew
All my vows without distractions. What thou lov'st, I will be loving, What thou hat'st I'll be removing. 11. What thou wilt, shall be my will,
My life's mirror thine example. When thou scourgest, I'll be still..
Do but make my heart thy temple:
12. Jesu! now I firmly stand
To this solemn resolution, Straight to follow thy command,
'Gainst the tempting world's intrusion.. Thy sure presence shall solace me, I will never cease t' embrace thee.
13. Dost thou, Lord, vouchsafe us here