« PrécédentContinuer »
10. Quest. What are the personal Properties of the Three Perfons in the Godhead ?
Answ. It is proper to the Father to beget the Son in, and to the Son to be begotten of the Father “, and to the Holy Ghost to proceed from the Father and the Son, from all Eternity o.
11. Quest. How doth it appear, that the Son and the Holy Ghost are Ged equal with the Father?
Answ. The Scriptures manifest that the Son and the Holy Ghost are God equal with the Father, afcribing unto them such Names P, Attri
butes, Ghoft: and these three are one. 4 John 1. 14. And the Word was Mat. 3.16. And Jesus when he was made fesh, and dwelt among us
went up straightway out of (and we beheld his glory, the glothe water : and lo, the heavens ry as of the only begotten of the were opened unto him, and he saw Father) full of grace and truth. the spirit of God descending like a v. 18. No man hath feen God at dove, and lighting upon him. 0.17. any time; the only begotten Son, And lo, a voice from heaven, say, which is in the bofom of the Father, ing, This is my beloved Son, in he hath declared him. whom I am well pleased. Mat. 28. • John 15. 26. But when the Com
ye therefore and teach all forter is come, whom I will send unnations, baptizing them in the name to you from the Father, even the pfthe Father, and of the Son, and spirit of truth, which proceedeth
2 Cor. 13. 14. from the Father, he shall testify of of the Lord Jesus Christ, me. Gal. 4.6. And because ye are and the love of God, and the com- sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit munion of the holy Ghost, be with of his Son into your hearts, crying, you all. Amen. John 10. 30. I and Abba, Father.
11. P Ifai. 6. 3. And one cried !), " Heb.i.s. For unto which of unto another, and said, Holy, holy, the angels said he at any time, Thou holy is the Lord of hofts, the whole art my Son, this day have I begot- earth is full of his glory. 3.5. Then hen thee ? And again, I will be to said I, Wois me, for I am undone, him a Father, and he shall be to me because I am a man of unclean lips, 1, 2pm. V: 6. And again, when he and I dwell in the midst of a people bringeth in the first begotten into of unclean lips: for mine eyes have the world, he faith, And let all the seen the King, the Lord of hofts! angels of God worship him. v. 8. v.8. Allo I heard the voice of the but unto the Son he saith, Thy Lord, saying, whom shall I send : throne, O God, is for ever and ever; and who will go for us? Then said I, Sceptre of righteousness is the Here am I, send me. Compared with
of the holy Ghost. The
mny Father are one.
fceptre of thy kingdom.
butes , Works ", and Worship as are proper to God only.
12. Quest. What are the Decrees of God?
Answ. God's Decrees are the wise, free, and holy Acts of the Counsel of his Will', whereby from all Eternity he hath for his own Glory, unchangeably
foreJohn 12.41. These things faid Efaias, God hath revealed them unto us by when he saw his glory, and spake of his Spirit; for the Spirit searcheth him And with. Acts 28.25. And all things, yea, the deep things of when they agreed not among them- God. v.11. For what man knowTelves, they departed, after that Paul eth the things of a man, fave the had spoken one word, Well spake spirit of man that is in him? even the holy Ghost by Efaias the prophet so the things of God knoweth no unto our fathers. 1 John s. 20. And man, but the Spirit of God. we know that the Son of God is i Col. 1. 16. For by him were all come, and hath given us an under- things created that are in heaven, ftanding, that we may know him and that are in earth, visible and that is true: and we are in him that invisible, whether they bethrones, or is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. dominions, or principalities, or This is the true God, and eternal powers: all things were created by life. Afts s. 3. But Peter said, him, and for him. Gen. 1. 2. And Ananias,why hath Satan filled thine the earth was without form and heart to lie to the holy Ghost,and to void, and darkness was upon keep back part of the price of the face of the deep: and the Spirit of land: v. 4. Whilesit remained, was God moved upon the face of the it not thine own? and after it was waters. fold, was it not in thine own power?
Mat. 28. 19. Go ye therefore why hast thou conceived this thing and teach all nations, baptizing in thine heart ? thou haft not lied them in the name of the Father, and unto men, but unto God. of the Son, and of the holy Ghost
. 9 John 1. 1. In the beginning was 2 Cor 13.14. The grace of the Lord the word, and the Word was with Jesus Chrift
, and the love of God
, God, and the Word was God. 1sai, and the communion of the holy 9. 6. For unto us a child is born, un- Ghost, be with you all. Amen. to us a son is given, and the govern
Eph. 1. 11. In whom also ment shall be upon his shoulder: we have obtained an inheritance, and his name shall be called, Won- being predestinated according to derful, Counseller, The mighty the purpose of him who worketh all God, The everlasting Father, The things after the counfel of his own Prince of peace. Folm 2. 24. But will. Rom. 11. 33. O the depth of Jesus did not commit himselfunto the riches both of the wisdom and them, becaule he knew all men; knowledge of God! how un searchv. 2's. And needed not that any able are his judgments, and his ways Thould testify of man; for he knew paft finding our: Rom. 9. 14. What what was in man, I Cor. 2. Io. But
have mercy, and whom he will he
his heart to all generations.
fandeth for ever, the thoughts of sus Chrift.
fore-ordained whatsoever comes to pass in Time', especially concerning Angels and Men.
13. Quest. What hath God especially decreed concerning Angels and Men
Answ. God by an eternal and immutable Decree, out of his mere Love, for the Praise of his glorious Grace to be manifested in due Time, hath ele&ed some Angels to Glory w; and in Christ hath chosen some Men to eternal Life and the Means thereof x: And also according to his sovereign Power, and the unsearchable Counsel of his own Will, ( whereby he extendeth or withholdeth Favour as he pleaseth) hath passed by and fore-ordained the rest to Dif
honour shall we say then? Is there unrighte
13. W Tim. s. 21. I charge ousness with God? God forbid. 0.15. thee before God and the Lord JeFor he faith to Moses, I will have sus Christ, and the elect angels, mercy on whom I will
have mercy, that thou observe these things and I will have compassion on whom without preferring one before anI will have compassion.v.18. There- other, doing nothing by partiafore hath he mercy on whom he will lity.
* Eph. 1.4. According as he hath
chosen us in him, before the foun* Eph. 1. 4. According as he hath dation of the world, that we should chosen us in him, before the foun- be holy, and without blame before dation of the world, that we should him in love : v.s. Having predestibe holy, and without blame before nated us unto the adoption of chilhim in love. v. 11. In whom also we dren by Jesus Christ to himself, achave obtained an inheritance; being cording to the good pleasure of his predestinated according to the pur- will, vi 6. To the praise of the glory pose of him who worketh all things of his grace, wherein he hath made after the counsel of his own will. us accepted in the Beloved. 2 Theil. Rem. 9. 22. What if God, willing to 2. 13." But we are bound to give hew his wrath, and to make his pow. thanks alway to God for you, breer known, endured with much
long. thren, beloved of the Lord, because suffering the vessels of wrath fitted God hath from the beginning cho
V. 23 And that he sen you to falvation, through sanmight make known the riches of his &ification of the Spirit, and belief glory on the vessels of mercy, which of the truth: v.14. Whereunto he he had afore prepared unto glory: called you by our gospel
, to the obPfal.33.11. The counsel of the Lord taining of the glory of the Lord Je
honour and Wrath, to be for their Sin inflicted, to the Praise of the Glory of his Justice ,
14. Quest. How doth God execute his Decrees? Answ. God executeth his Decrees in the Workshop of Creation and Providence ; according to his infallible Foreknowledge, and the free and immutable Counsel of his own Will ?.
15. Quest. What is the work of Creation ?
Answ. The Work of Creation is that wherein of God did in the Beginning, by the Word of his Pow-por er, make of Nothing the World and all Thingsliv therein for himself, within the Space of Six Days
, and all very good a.
16. Quelt y Rom. 9. 17. For the scripture of earth; and some to honour, and faith unto Pharaoh, Even for this someto dishonour. Jude 4. Forchere fame purpose have I raised thee up, are certain men crept in unawares, that I might shew my power in thee, who were before of old ordained to and that my name might be decla- this condemnation, ungodly men, red throughout all the earth. v. 18. turning the grace of our God into Therefore hath he mercy on whom lasciviousness, and denying the onhe will have mercy, and whom he will ly Lord God, and our Lord Jesus he hardneth. v, 21. Hath not the Christ. 1 Pet. 2.8. And a stone of potter power over the clay, of the stumbling, and a rock of offence
, Tame lump to make one veffel unto even to them which stumble at the honour, and another unto disho- word, being disobedient, whereunto nour? v. 32. What if God, willing also they were appointed. to shew his wrath, and to make
14. * Eph. 1. 11. In whom also his power known, endured with we have obtained an inheritance, much long-suffering the vessels of being predestinated according to wrath fitted to destruction Mat. II. the purpose of him who worketh all 25. At that time Jesus answered and things after the counsel of his own said, Ithank thee, O Father, Lord will. of heaven and earth, because thou 15. [Gen, I chapter. ] Heb. 11.3. haft hid these things from the wise Through faith we understand that and prudent, and hast revealed them the worlds were framed by the word unto babes. v. 26. Even so Father, of God, so that things which are seca for so it seemed good in thy sight. were not made of things which do 2 Tim. 2. 20. But in a great house appear. Prov. 16.4. The Lord hack there are not only vessels of gold, made all things for himself:yea, even and of Glver, but also of wood, and the wicked for the day of evil.
16, 5 Colle
16. Quest. How did God create Angels ?
Answ. God created all the Angels Spirits , immortal , holy é, excelling in Knowledge', mighty in Power s to execute his Commandments, and to praise his Name b, yer subje&t to Change i.
17. Quest. How did God create Man
Answ. After God had made all other Creatures, he created Man Male and Female k; formed the Body of the Man of the Dust of the Ground', and the Woman of the Rib of the Man m:endued them with living, reasonable, and immortal Souls”;
made 16. ó Col. 1. 16. For by him were * Pfal. 103. 20. Bless the Lord, all things created that are in heaven, ye his angels, that excel in strength, and that are in earth, visible and in that do his commandments, hearkvisible, whether they be thrones, or nis unto the voice of his word. dominions,or principalities,or pow. v. 21. Bless ye the Lord, all ye his érs: all things were created by him, hosts, ye ministers of his that do his and for him.
pleafure. ¢ Psalm 104. 4. Who makech his i 2 Pet. 2. 4. For if God spared angels spirits : his minifters a flam- not the angels that linned, but caft ing fire,
them down to hell, and delivered Mat, 22, 30. For in the resur- them into chains of darkness, tóbe re&tion they neither marry, nor are reserved unto judgment. given in marriage; but arc as the 17. k Gen. 1.27. So God created angels of God in heaven.
man in his own image, in the image • Mat. 25. 31. When the son of of God created he him : male and man shall come in his glory, and all female created he them. the holy angels with him, then shall I Gen. 2. 7. And the Lord God he fit upon the throne of his glory. formed man of the dust of the
2 Sam. 14.17. Then thinchand- ground, and breathed into his nomaid said, The word of my lord the strils the breath of life. king shall now becomfortable: for, mm Gen. 2. 22. And the rib, which as an angel of God, so is my lord the Lord had taken from man, the king to discern good and bad: made he a woman, and brought her therefore the Lord thy God will be unto the man. with thee. Mat. 24 36. But ofthat Gen.2.7. And the LordGod formday and hour knoweth no man, no ed man of the dust of the ground, not the angels of heaven, but my and breathed into his nostrils the
breath of life: and
man becamc 6 2 Thes. 1. 7. And to you who a living soul. Compared with Job 3 s. are troubled, rest with us, when the 11. Who teachethus more than the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from beasts of the carth, and maketh us heaven, with his mighty angels.